I recommend those who have provided me with great service and Gold Prospecting Equipment over the last several decades. These endorsements are purely voluntary. I have not received financial incentives, discounts, or stocks for making the recommendations you see here. I have field tested equipment for various manufacturers.
Good Gold People and Good Reading
- Rob Allision | NuggetHunting.com – I have been purchasing metal detectors from Rob for almost 2 decades. Rob is honest, fair and friendly. Rob has one of the best online forums out there.
- Bill Southern | NuggetShooter.com – I’ve purchased various items from Bill over the years. Bill is honest, fair and friendly. Bill has one of the best online forums out there.
- Chris Ralph | Fists full of Gold – Chris is a friend. His book Fists Full of Gold is the most comprehensive book ever written on gold prospecting.
- ICMJ – The best prospecting and mining publication available.
- Gold Miners HQ – The Gold Miner’s Headquarters is an International recreational gold mining directory. A huge resource of listings for clubs and gold mining related businesses.
- GoldGold.com – Gold mining property for sale and much more.
- Gold Sheet Links – A great resource for mining related links. Includes mining companies, mutual funds, newsletters, and prospecting.
Gold Prospecting Equipment
- Apex Picks – If you are looking for a quality pick made in the USA by good people, this is the pick to buy.
- Keene Engineering – I’ve recovered gold Keene products for decades. These folks stand behind their products and take great care of their customers.
- Minelab – I’ve been swinging Minelab metal detectors for almost 2 decades and have found some amazing gold with them. Everything from sub gram nuggets all the way up to multi-ounce nuggets. Their products are top of the line.
- KellyCo Metal Detectors – Although they are often more expensive than your local dealer and do not provide the same level of in-person customer care (they can’t be everywhere). KellyCo has been a good company to me. They have a huge inventory. I purchased my Tesoro Lobo, White’s GMT and Fisher Gold Bug 2 from KellyCo.
- Fisher Labs – The Gold Bug 2 is the only Fisher metal detector I’ve owned. It’s a great new patch finder and is the best machine on the market to get small nuggets and specimen gold.
- White’s Electronics – The White’s GMT served me well for many years and is a fantastic vlf machine. The company provides great customer service.
- Tesoro – Back in the 1990’s I began using Tesoro detectors to find gold. They are nice units and the company provides great customer service.
- Delorme/Garmin – The InReach Explorer allows you to use 2 way text communication on a satellite network anywhere in the world.
- Neff Rental – Neff makes it easy to rent backhoes, bulldozers and other equipment needed for mining operations.